I plan on moving out of my residence. Do I need to let the City know?
Yes. You must notify the City of any changes in mailing addresses for any properties that you own, this is our way of making sure you are notified of any issues that may arise after you move out. Also, if you are claiming the property as your Principal Residence, you must file a Request to Rescind Principal Residence Exemption within 90 days of no longer occupying the property or claiming another property as your principal residence.
If you plan on someone other than a deed holder to occupy the residence, even a family member, you must contact the Community Development Department for a landlord license application.

Show All Answers

1. What characteristics about my property are maintained by the City?
2. What is an Assessment Change Notice and why is it important?
3. What is the responsibility of the Board of Review and why do they meet at various times of the year?
4. The Board of Review denied my assessment appeal. What can I do now?
5. When do I need to file a Property Transfer Affidavit?
6. What is the Principal Residence Affidavit and what happened to the homestead exemption?
7. I plan on moving out of my residence. Do I need to let the City know?
8. When are my property taxes due?
9. I pay my property taxes through my mortgage company. What happens when I pay off my mortgage?
10. I'm a senior citizen on a fixed income. My neighbor told me that I may be able to defer my summer property tax payment. Is there such a program?