Keep yourself and your family safe by signing up for OakAlert, the County’s emergency notification system.
OakAlert sends texts, calls and emails when emergency situations occur. Because notices come from Oakland County Emergency Management, you can get information faster than from the news or social media. And you can avoid situations like:
- Chemical spills impacting public health (like a shelter-in-place order)
- Outdoor warning siren activation
- Active assailant situations causing an evacuation
- Closure or interruption in service of County operations
- Additional notifications affecting the health and safety of the county
Self-registration takes 90 seconds with your name, personal contact information, username and password for this no-cost service.
We are committed to maintaining a system that sends notifications only for legitimate emergencies, disasters or hazardous situations that would require immediate action.
To sign up, visit https://www.oakgov.com/oakalert or text “OakAlert” to 99411