NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!!!!
Join the Madison Heights Police Department Looking for hard working, dedicated Police Officers to continue the City's commitment to excellence!
WAGES : $47,716 - $69,348 (starting wage DOQ) plus competitive benefits including but not limited to:
- A Police Officer who transfers to Madison Heights PD with two years of experience will start out at $53,423/year
- Officers reach top pay rate after 3 years
- Ample opportunities for overtime
- 12 Hour Shifts
- Uniform allowance
- Gun allowance
- Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA)
- Holiday pay
- Education incentive
- Health insurance opt out incentive
Other benefits include but are not limited to:
- Up to 5 weeks' paid vacation
- 64 hours paid personal leave
- 12 holidays
- Defined Benefit Pension System with a 2.5% multiplier
- BCBS Health Insurance
- External wear body armor provided
- Opportunity to work in numerous specialized units and assignments such as Special Investigations Unit (SIU), Narcotics Enforcement Teams (NET), FBI Task Force, Detective Bureau, Evidence Technician, K-9 Unit, Motor Unit, Bicycle Patrol Unit, Field Training Officer
What do you need to apply? Check it out:
- Minimum Age 18
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must not have six or more active points on driving record
- Able to successfully pass a post-offer departmental criminal, civil and background investigation to the satisfaction of the department
- Able to successfully pass a post-offer pre-employment physical and drug screen, and psychological examination
- An employee in this class, upon employment, will be required to enter into and successfully complete all necessary training, including in-service training with Madison Heights Police Department and other schools to which the employee may be assigned. All employees shall receive such further training as shall be deemed necessary by the Madison Heights Police Department or mandated by the State of Michigan or United States Government
Additional requirements that are desired (not required for application but required at time of hire) are:
- EMPCO registration and completed police officer written exam within one year of application date (may complete exam after application to City but must pass exam before hire)
- Minimum Associate’s Degree or higher, sixty (60) credit hours from a fully accredited college or university, or honorable discharge from one of the United States Military Service Branches
- Police Academy graduation, unless sponsored by the City
- Compliance with all of the Employment Standards for Michigan Law Enforcement Officers established by MCOLES
Preference will be given to those candidates who have graduated from the Police Academy and who are compliant with MCOLES standards. Highest preference will be given to those candidates who possess all desired qualifications and who are current sworn officers with no previous disciplinary issues.
All candidates will be required to interview with the Police Chief and/or an interview panel of his choosing before a conditional job offer is made.
Click here for a complete job description - be sure to upload licenses/certifications/proof of education or military discharge with your application!
Madison Heights Residency is NOT Required.
I-9 must be completed at time of hire for submittal to E-Verify
Click Here to Apply!